Terms and Conditions
Article 1 Purpose and Definition
FANTOO (hereinafter, the “Services”) provides an environment where users can create a community and content based on fandom.
The Terms and Conditions aims to stipulate rights, obligations, and responsibilities between the Company and its members, and other necessary matters in relation to the use of services provided by FNS Co.,
Ltd. (hereinafter, the “Company”).
Article 2 Stipulation, Effect, and Change of Terms and Conditions
- ① The details of the Terms and Conditions are announced by displaying on the screen of the integrated service or other means and take effect for all members who agreed to the Terms and Conditions. On the other hand, when the Services is available in the country concerned based on the conclusion of an agreement with a rights holder overseas, the Terms and Conditions also take effect for all members who intend to use the Services in the country concerned.
- ② The Company, if necessary, may change the Terms and Conditions to the extent that does not violate applicable laws and regulations.
In the case of changes to the Terms and Conditions, the Company shall notify or announce members of the change in the Service Notice from 15 days prior to the effective date. When the Terms and Conditions are unavoidably changed to be unfavorable to you, the Company will notify you individually by sending the details thereof to the email address registered in the Services or sending a text message to the mobile phone number you have registered 30 days before the effective date.
- ③ When the rejection is expressed from the date of notice or announcement of and by 7 days from the date of notice or announcement of the revised Terms and Conditions by the Company under the preceding Paragraph, it shall be deemed to have approved the revised Terms and Conditions.
- ④. When a member does not agree to the application of the revised Terms and Conditions, the Company or the member may terminate the Use Contract. The effect of termination of paid services and paid items shall be subject to the provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- ⑤ The Terms and Conditions, in principle, shall be applicable from the date the member agrees to the Terms and Conditions and until the member withdraws from membership. Provided, however, that certain provisions of the Terms and Conditions may remain valid even after the withdrawal of the membership.
Article 3 Other Rules Outside the Terms and Conditions
Matters not specified in the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the applicable laws and regulations or the operation policies and rules set by the Company (hereinafter, “Specific Guidelines”).
Article 4 Definitions
- ① “Service” means FANTOO services that members can use as the services provided by the Company.
- ② “User” means a person who uses the services provided by the Company.
- ③ “Member” means a user who has concluded the Use Contract with the Company under Article 5, Paragraph 1 of the Terms and Conditions.
- ④ “ID (email) ” means the email account set up by the member, approved by the Company, and registered with the Company.
- ⑤ “Password” means a combination of English letters, numbers, and special characters set by the member to use the Services.
- ⑥ “Posts” is a generic term to mean all works created by the member that is exposed through the Services provided by the Company.
- ⑦ “In-App Payment” means a system for purchasing or paying for digital products within the FANTOO Application (hereinafter, the “App”). Payments conducted in In-App Payment shall be subject to the Android payment system and iPhone payment system policies.
- ⑧ “Withdrawal from Membership” means an act of a member terminating the Use Contract.
Article 5 Conclusion of the Use Contract
- ① The Use Contract is concluded when a person who intends to become a Member (hereinafter, the “Subscription Applicant”) agrees to the details of the Terms and conditions and applies for membership, and when the Company approves of the application. The Subscription Applicant becomes a Member from the time when the Use Contract is concluded following the approval by the Company and may freely use the Services according to the Terms and Conditions.
The Use Contract is established with the consent of the Company regarding the application to use by the User.
- ③ In principle, the Company approves the use of the Services in response to the application of the Subscription Applicant.
Provided, however, that the Company may withhold the approval or refuse to approve for applications that fall under any of the following Subparagraphs until the cause thereof is resolved:
- 1) When the Subscription Applicant has previously lost his/her membership status under the Terms and Conditions
- 2) When personal information of another person is used (unlawful use or theft of account)
- 3) When false information is entered or no information is provided on the details requested by the Company
- 4) When it is not possible to provide the Services for technical reasons
- 5) When the Services is used for unlawful purposes or for-profit
- 6) When a member whose membership has been suspended by the Company arbitrarily terminates the Use Contract and applies for reuse
- 7) When a child under the age of 14 fails to obtain the consent of his/her legal representative (parents, etc.)
- 8) When there is a violation of other applicable laws and regulations or standards set by the Company such as the Specific Guidelines
- ④ When it is determined that a person has subscribed to the Services in breach of the above conditions, the Company may immediately suspend the use of the Services or impose appropriate restrictions, such as deleting the account.
Article 6 Management of Accounts, etc. and Obligations
- ① The FANTOO account can only be used by the member himself/herself, who shall not allow others to use his/her FANTOO account. In addition, members shall manage their own passwords to prevent others from using their FANTOO accounts without permission. The Company may require the member to enter passwords and go through additional identity verification processes to prevent others from using the FANTOO account of the User. If unauthorized use is discovered, please notify the Company via the customer center, and the Company will guide the members on methods to prevent authorized use.
- ② Members may view and modify their FANTOO account information with the FANTOO account website or the FANTOO account setting screen within individual services. Provided, however, that certain information including FANTOO account, phone number, terminal identification number, and other identification verification information necessary for the provision and management of FANTOO account services may not be modifiable, and additional identification verification process may be required to modify. When there is a change in the details notified by the member upon applying for use, please modify thereof personally or notify the Company via email or the customer center.
- ③ The Company shall not be responsible for issues that occur due to the failure of members to timely modify their FANTOO account information.
Article 7 Use of Service
- ① The User shall prepare the PC, mobile phone terminal, communication device, operating system, communication means, and power necessary to use the Services at his/her own expense and responsibility.
- ② After becoming a member of the Services, the User may terminate the use of the Services by using the functions provided in the menu composing the Services. In this case, the records of the use of the Services are immediately deleted other than information required to be retained for a certain period according to the stipulation of applicable laws and regulations. Provided, however, that when a written post is scrapped by a third party, displayed based on other sharing functions, or not deleted before termination, please be aware that the written post and comment will not be deleted. When there is a separate notice that there may be restrictions on the reuse of the Services for a certain period in the future at the time of termination of the use of the Services, please note that there may be a certain time restriction on the reuse of the Services according to the notice concerned.
- ③ The Company provides a variety of services that the User can enjoy on mobile, such as bulletin board service, online content provision service, and location-based service. The Company further provides a variety of services that Users want, and details of the services are announced separately. The Company guides the method of use of newly added or changed services in detail through the application store, service Q&A center, and notices within the services.
- ④ The Company provides Users with a non-exclusive and free-of-charge license so that Users can freely use the services. Provided, however, that the Company does not grant the Users the right to use the trademarks and logos of the Company.
- ⑤ The Company may provide updated versions of software necessary for better services. Software updates include adding important functions or removing unnecessary functions. Users may install the updated app to use the added and enhanced services.
- ⑥ In order to provide better service, the Company may display various information within the Services including various notices, management messages, and other advertisements related to the use of the Services or may send the information directly to the contact information registered in the account information of Members. Provided, however, advertising information is transmitted only when there is consent to receive in advance.
- ⑦ When you find any problems such as system errors while using the Services, please notify the Customer Center at any time.
- ⑧ In the process of using the Services, when a User does not use the Wi-Fi wireless internet but connects to the wireless internet of the registered mobile, it shall be noted that a separate data use and communications fee may be charged to you from the mobile carrier. Data communication fees incurred in the process of using the Services shall be paid to the mobile carrier at the expense and responsibility of the User. For detailed guidance on data communication fees, please contact your mobile carrier.
Article 8 Use of Content
- ① In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply to the use of the content by Members.
- ② Trademarks, service marks, and logos of content and services shall be subject to copyright law and other intellectual property rights.
- ③ Members may only access content for personal use through the functions provide in the Services and as permitted by the Terms and Conditions of the Services. Content shall not be downloaded unless a “download” function or similar link provided by the Services is displayed. Members shall not reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise use the content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of each license owner of the Services or the content.
- ④ Members shall agree not to circumvent, disable, or interfere with security-related features that impose restrictions on the use of the Services or the content.
- ⑤ By posting content, Members waive the right to pre-inspect or pre-approval of marketing or promotional materials related to the content. Members waive all rights of privacy, publicity, or similar rights with respect to the content of Members or any portion thereof. To the extent that no moral rights are transferable or assignable, Members shall agree not to assert any moral rights based on any moral rights that may exist in the content published by Members and not to endorse, maintain, or allow any legal action whatsoever in relation thereto.
- ⑥ Members acknowledge that, by using the Services, they are exposed to content from various sources and that the Services shall not be responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, stability, or relevant intellectual property rights of such content. Members may be exposed to inaccurate, offensive, or objectionable content. Members agree that the Services, owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and holders of the license can be indemnified and exempted to the fullest extent permitted by law for all matters related to the use of the Services by Members.
- ⑦ The Company shall not be responsible for the use or misuse of the content of Members by Members.
Article 9 Methods of Service Use and Precautions
- ① Users may freely use the Services provided that Users shall not engage in any of the actions under each of the following Paragraphs. Any and all legal liability related thereto shall be entirely borne by Users:
- 1) ny act of entering false information when applying for or changing use, stealing or unlawfully using an account and passwords of another person, using the name of another person, or conducting the text
message (SMS) authentication without the permission of the owner of the identity
- 2) Any act of copying or distributing information obtained by using the Services of the Company or using thereof commercially
- 3) Any act of distributing data provided by downloading within the Services for profit other than using thereof for private purposes
- 4) Any act of defamation against or providing a disadvantage to others
- 5) Any act of posting materials on bulletin boards, etc. or linking (links) to obscene sites
- 6) Any act of violating other rights such as copyrights of the Company or third parties (this includes any act, as an act of infringing copyrights of third parties in and outside Korea, that infringes on the copyrights of third parties, such as accessing the Services intentionally or through means and methods that deceive the Company even though the Company has taken measures to prevent infringement of rights of others through technical measures such as IP access blocking, etc.)
- 7) Any act of posting false information about the Company or a third party in the Services
- 8) Any act of distributing information, sentences, figures, voices, etc. that violate public order and morals to others
- 9) Any act of registering or distributing data infected with a computer virus that causes malfunction of the facilities or destruction or confusion of information related to the Services
- 10) Any act of sending information that may intentionally hinder the operation of the Services or stable operation of the Services and sending advertisement information or spam mail against the explicit refusal to receive thereof by the recipient
- 11) Any act of copying, modifying, distributing, selling, transferring, lending, collateralizing, or allowing others to use the Services or part of the software included therein without the consent of the Company, in
addition to any act of duplicating, disassembling, imitating, or otherwise modifying the Services, such as attempting to reverse engineer the software or extract the source code
- 12) Any act of pretending to be another person and falsely specifying relationships with others
- 13) Any act of collecting, storing, or disclosing personal information of other Users
- 14) Any act of distributing false information to provide monetary benefits to oneself or others or to inflict damage to others
- 15) Any act of gambling or doing speculative activities by betting property
- 16) Any act of mediating prostitution or distributing information that mediates an obscene act
- 17) Any act of interfering with the normal life of another person by continuously reaching the other party with words, sounds, texts, images, or images that cause shame, disgust, or fear
- 18) Any act of transmitting or posting information (including computer programs) of which transmission or posting is prohibited by applicable laws and regulations
- 19) Any act of sending emails or FANTOO messages by pretending to be or impersonating an employee or operator of the Company or its affiliates
- 20) Any act of posting articles by stealing the identity of another
- 21) Any act of posting data that include software viruses, other computer codes, files, and programs designed to disrupt or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware, and telecommunications equipment, or sending thereof by emails or FANTOO messages
- 22) Any act of harassing other Users, such as stalking, false or malicious misuse of reporting
- 23) Any act of unjustly abusing the Services, such as repeating the act of subscribing to the Services within one month and purchasing paid services then canceling thereof twice or more
- 24) Any other act of violating effective laws and regulations, the Terms and Conditions, and Specific Guidelines related to the Services provided by the Company.
- ② Users shall not transfer or gift the right to use the Services or other status under the Use Contract to another person and shall not provide thereof as collateral.
- ③ Depending on the qualifications or age of the User, part of the service use may be limited as in each of the following Subparagraphs:
- 1) Users under 19 years of age (however, this excludes those who have reached 19 years of age on January 1 of the year in which they reach 19 years of age, hereinafter the same applies under this Article) cannot use media harmful to youth under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc. (hereinafter, the “Communications Network Act”) and the Youth Protection Act.
- 2) In order to use media harmful to youth, the person must be 19 years of age or older, and the use of such services shall be restricted under the provisions of the Communications Network Act and the Youth Protection Act.
- ④ In any case, when there is a User who fails to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and all terms and conditions or policies of the Company, the Company may investigate the violative acts of the User, delete the post concerned, suspend the use of the Services by the User temporarily or continuously, or restrict the re-subscription or re-use of the Services.
- ⑤ In principle, the restrictions on use are limited in increment from temporary restrictions to permanent restrictions depending on the accumulation of the violative acts. However, for matters that require prevention of urgent risk or damages in the case of clearly illegal acts prohibited under applicable laws and regulations such as posting and distributing obscene content and promoting speculative gambling, etc. or in the case of infringement on rights of others, the use may be immediately and permanently restricted regardless of the cumulative number of violative acts.
Article 10 Management of Posts
- ① When a post by a Member includes content that violates applicable laws such as the Communications Network Act and Copyright Act, the copyright holder may request the Company to suspend or delete the post according to the procedures stipulated by applicable laws and regulations, and the Company will take measures according to applicable laws and regulations.
- ② Even when there is no request from the rights holder, the Company make implement temporary measures, etc. for the post under applicable laws and regulations if there is a reason to acknowledge the violation of rights or it violates the policy of the Company or applicable laws and regulations.
- ③ The specific procedures related to the above shall be subject to the procedure of reporting rights violations within the scope stipulated by the Communications Network Act and the Copyright Act.
Article 11 Copyrights of Posts
- ① As an account owner of the Services, a Member may register a post on the Services. The Services shall have no obligation to guarantee confidentiality related to all posts posted by Members.
- ② The copyright of posts posted by Member within the Services (including delivery between members) is owned by the Member, and the Company has the right to post the post within the Services. By submitting a post to the Services, Members grant the Services a worldwide and non-exclusive sublicense and rights to develop, reproduce, distribute, modify and transmit thereof to the Services. The Services may promote and redistribute part or all of the posts through any media format and media channel. Members grant Users worldwide and non-exclusive rights to access posts through the Services and to use, reproduce, distribute, and modify the posts.
- ③ The Company shall not bear any civil and criminal liability for posts registered on the Services by Members even if they infringe copyrights and program copyrights, etc. of others.
- ④ Even without the request of the rights holder in the preceding Paragraph, the Company may temporarily block or delete access to the posts according to applicable laws and regulations when it is admitted that the rights of others are infringed, such as invasion of privacy or defamation.
- ⑤ Copyrights and other rights to works and other content created by the Company shall belong to the Company.
Article 12 Use of Paid Services in the Services
- ① Members may use paid services through in-app purchases, flat-rate payment, electronic payment gateway services, or other methods set by the Company.
- ② Members who purchase paid items through in-app purchases or electronic payment gateway services understand and agree that they shall have all rights required for making payment in the method they have selected and be responsible for any legal issues and circumstances arising therefrom.
- ③ Paid items purchased through in-app purchases or electronic payment gateway services can be used only within the Services and cannot be transferred or leased. Paid items cannot be exchanged for cash except in cases that are essential and unavoidable under the laws relevant to electronic transactions.
- ⑤ When some or all of the paid services within the Services are suspended or terminated, the right to use is deemed to be maintained until the relevant period. When such a cause occurs, the Company will notify Members thereof in advance with a sufficient period (in the case of unavoidable circumstances, immediately upon the occurrence of the cause).
- ⑥ The Company may not approve the application to use paid service or revoke the approval thereof afterward in cases that fall under each of the following Subparagraphs:
- 1) When a minor person under 14 years of age applies without the consent of a legal representative
- 2) When it is impossible to approve under the normal procedure due to a cause attributable to the applicant of use
- 3) In other cases where approving the application to use violates applicable laws and regulations or it is determined that doing so violates the business policies, such as social order and public morals applicable terms and conditions of the Company.
- ⑦ In the case under each of the following Subparagraphs, the Company may maintain the restricted status of approval until the cause for the restriction of approval for the application for use is resolved:
- 1) When it is determined that satisfactory service cannot be provided due to the insufficiency in service facilities
- 2) When there is a service failure.
- ⑧ In regards to paid items purchased by Members, the cases are categorized into the cases where the withdrawal of the subscription or cancellation of the contract (hereinafter referred to as “withdrawal of subscription, etc. ”) is possible under applicable relevant laws and regulations, and the case where withdrawal of subscription, etc. is restricted. When withdrawal of subscription, etc. is restricted, the Company notifies of the fact at the time of purchasing paid items. In cases where withdrawal of subscription, etc. is possible, Members shall make a withdrawal of subscription, etc. within 7 days from the date of charging of the paid item. The withdrawal of subscription, etc. shall take effect when Members express the intention thereof to the Company by phone or email.
- ⑨ The Company or Members may claim damages against the other Party if they exercise the right of cancellation for a cause attributable to the other Party separately from the exercise of the right of cancellation. The other Party shall prove that he or she is not liable in order to avoid liability for damages.
Article 13 Use, Change, and Termination of Services
For causes such as that a contract with a partner of the Company contracted for the provision of the Services of the Company is terminated or changed or that a new service is started, the Company may change the details of the Services or terminate the Services. The Company posts changes to or termination of the Services on the initial screen of the Services, on the individual service screen, or in the notice section.
Article 14 Policy on Reporting
- ① The Company responds individually to each report whenever Members report inappropriate content. Reported content is not automatically deleted by the system. Inappropriate content will be deleted after the Operator confirms thereof.
- ② Sexually explicit content such as pornography shall not be allowed. Videos containing fetish content will be removed according to the severity of the behavior. Videos that are violent or offensive shall not be displayed on the Services.
- ③ Content that is shocking, sexually suggestive, rude, violent, or bloody shall not be posted. In such a case, videos shall be made of graphics or provide additional context and information. Violent content may be removed from the site.
- ④ Videos that induce acts of violence from others shall be prohibited. When a video shows people committing violent or serious acts of violence against others, it will be removed from the site.
Article 15 Termination of Use Contract
- ① When a User wants to cancel the service use contract, he or she can apply for cancellation at any time using the menu provided in the Services, and the Company will process the application promptly as stipulated by laws and regulations.
- ② When the service use contract is terminated, all data including your information and poses you created will be deleted, except for the cases where certain information of you is retained according to applicable laws and regulations and the personal information processing policies. However, when a post created by you is posted with scrapping or other sharing function by a third party, or when you add posts to a post of a third party such as commenting on a post by a third party, the post and the comment will not be deleted. Thus, please be sure to delete it before the application for cancellation.
- ③ Posts that you have not deleted according to the preceding Paragraph will remain in the Services without being deleted to the extent necessary for the normal service use by other Users.
- ④ Cancellation of the paid service use contract is concluded by your application to cancel the paid service use contract and the acceptance thereof by the Company. When there is an amount to be refunded, a refund will also be made.
- ⑤ When you do not use the Services for a certain period, the Company may destroy or store your information separately, or the Company may restrict the use of some or all of the service functions.
- ⑥ Even when the service use contract is terminated, you may apply for the conclusion of the service use contract again with the Company. Provided, however, that when if you cancel the service use contract and apply for the conclusion thereof again after the suspension of the service use because you failed to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Terms and Conditions, and Specific Guidelines, there may be a time limit for a certain period in becoming a member of the Services. In addition, you cannot re-register with the same ID (email) to prevent abuse.
Article 16 Protection of Personal Information
The Company protects the personal information of Users to the maximum extent possible based on operations and technology to protect the personal information of Users. Personal information is used only for the purpose and within the scope agreed upon by you for the smooth provision of services. The Company does not provide personal information of Members to a third party unless it is by applicable laws and regulations or there is a separate consent by the Member.
Article 17 Provision of Location-Based Services
- ① The location-based service provided by the Company uses Wi-Fi or wireless services. The data communication fee to be incurred when using the wireless services is not included and shall be subject to the policies of each mobile carrier that the User is subscribed to.
- ② The Company may restrict, change, or suspend all or part of the location-based service when it is unable to maintain the location-based service for various causes or legal reasons such as a policy change of the location-based service provider.
- ③ The location information service shall not be provided to minors under 14 years of age. When a user under 14 years of age intends to use the location information service, he or she may do so after obtaining the consent of the parent or guardian.
Article 18 Compensation for Damages
- ① When damage is incurred to the Company due to a breach of a provision of the Terms and Conditions by a Member, the breaching Member shall compensate for all damages incurred to the Company.
- ② When the Company receives various types of objections, including claims for damages or lawsuits, from a third party other than the Member due to unlawful acts or breaches of the Terms and Conditions performed by the Member in the course of using the Services, the Member shall indemnify the Company at the responsibility and expenses of the Member. When the Company is unable to be indemnified, the Member shall compensate for all damages incurred to the Company.
- ③ When the Company fails to provide services to Members due to causes attributable to the Company, the Users of the paid services will be compensated according to the Standards of Consumer Dispute Resolution announced by the Fair Trade Commission.
Article 19 Protection of Youth
The Services is basically a space that all age groups can use freely, and the Youth Protection Policy set by the Communications Network Act is being separately implemented to protect youth from harmful information and to support the safe use of the internet by the youth.
Article 20 Capacity to Comply with Terms of Service
Member hereby confirms that he or she is at least 14 years of age or has obtained the consent of his or her legal parent or guardian and that has sufficient capacity to conclude and comply with the conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties stipulated in the Terms and Conditions.
Article 21 Dispute Resolution
- ① Member agrees to the following:
- 1) The Services is based in the Republic of Korea.
- 2) The Services is considered as a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Services in places outside the Republic of Korea. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea regardless of conflict of law principles unless otherwise stipulated. All disputes arising from the Services between Members and the Company shall be decided exclusively by the competent court located in the Republic of Korea.
- ② The Terms and Conditions constitute the complete agreement between Members and the Services together with other legal information specified by the personal information protection policy and the Services, as well as the same specified by the Services.
- ③ The Services reserves the right to revise the Terms of Service at any time without prior notice.
It is the responsibility of Members to review the Terms of Service for all revisions thereof. When Members use the Services after revision of the Terms of Service, it is deemed that Members have agreed thereto. Members hereby agree to limit any litigation arising out of the Services to those arising within one year.
- ④ When there is a version of the Terms and Conditions in a language other than Korean, the Korean version shall prevail.
(Effective date the current version) The Terms and Conditions are effective from September 25th, 2021.
Terms of Agreement for Marketing Use
Members agree to the collection and use of personal information for notices, service-related information, coupons, events, product materials, and tailored advertisements provided by the Company.
- ① Consent to collection and use of personal information
- 1) Purpose of collection and use of personal information – Provision of information on notices, events, coupons, and tailored advertisements
- - Introduction and guides on benefits provided by the Services such as marketing activities in gifts/sales promotion and membership, etc.
- - Service promotion event activities such as guide on product/service of the Company and its affiliates, public relations, subscription solicitation activities, and surveys to improve service quality
- 2) Details of personal (credit) information to be collected and used
- - Email, name, mobile phone number, mobile carrier, gender, date of birth, Google AD-ID, Apple IDFA, IMEI, and unique device value
- 3) Period of retention and use of personal (credit) information
- - From the date of consent to the collection/use until the purpose of collection/use is achieved
- - In principle, after the purpose of collection/use of personal information is achieved due to service cancellation, etc., the information is destroyed.
(However, when it is necessary to preserve personal information according to applicable laws and internal rules, such as service dispute resolution, customer complaint handling, and the fulfillment of legal obligations, the information is retained/used for the period stipulated by applicable laws and regulations).
- ② Cancellation and Method of Consent to Marketing Use
- 1) In principle, when Users do not want the use for marketing purposes, the Company may allow the refusal to receive marketing the following methods:
- - PC: No service currently
- - Mobile: Cancel from the settings menu in the FANTOO application
- ③ Right to refuse consent and disadvantages of denying consent
- 1) To use the marketing service, you must consent to this content to use the Services. You may sign up and use the Services even if you do not consent, but there may be some restrictions on the provision of relevant conveniences (events, promotions, tailored advertisements, etc.).